Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ladies...have you got your red or yellow panties ready?

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. There's a superstition out there that says that if it's love/romance that a woman wants to come her way that she should wear red panties when you go to sleep on New Year's Eve and if it's financial prosperity that she is looking for to wear yellow. Yes, I know, it's a superstition...or is this considered an old wives's tale? Regardless, it's worth a try.

New Year's Eve is full of hopes of basically giving yourself a do-over. This isn't always such a bad thing. Think back to all of the not-so-bright dating decisions you may have made in the last year. Wipe the slate clean and give yourself a huge do-over. Want to get in shape? Join a gym and give yourself a do-over! Want to stop smoking? Time for a do-over on the not being able to quit a bad habit thing.

I already started. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week as it is so starting a fitness routine isn't a resolution that I can make. However, I did sign up for another round of sessions with my favorite personal trainer. I think I look great but I also know that I can look and feel better. So, come Monday I will be in extreme pain and wondering why I do this to myself and loving every minute of it. Where exactly is it that I started on the do-over then? Remember Randy the Lilliputian from last night? Well, I was hit on at the gym by a guy that I swear was his clone. I quickly and politely turned him down. Sorry but I did my time with guys like that and it never ever works out so time to try something new. And no, it wasn't the height that made me turn him down it was the attitude. Think "Jersey Shore" transplanted to South Florida for the winter. No thanks.

So Ladies.....what is it that you are looking for in the new year? Set yourself some realistic goals and don't call them resolutions. That's just giving yourself permission to break them. One of my big goals for next year is to get my book published and/or to be published in a national mag. In the meantime, I'll be wearing my pretty red panties when I go to sleep tomorrow night. What color will you be wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment