Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lessons learned over burgers.....

I went and had dinner tonight with two friends, Patti and Amy. It was $1 burger night at Bar Louie and it really can't be missed. Patti and I know each other through a common person who shall remain nameless. Actually, his name in my world and to those closest to me is csl w/ nb. He's an ex and Patti's hubby is his bff. Amy and I have known each other for a couple of years now. I met her through a chain of coincidences. The night started out as any dinner out would. Small talk which leads to more in depth conversation, appetizer, food, laughs, etc. Patti and Amy got along fine and since I'm friends with both it all worked out great for me. At one point, both Amy and I went to the restroom and poor Patti was left alone.

This is where the night gets bizarre. When we came back from the restroom, Patti was being hit on by a very odd guy. His name was Randy, he was a Lilliputian and apparently had been out drinking for quite some time before coming to Bar Louie...and he liked Patti. We all were very quick to point out that Patti was very happily married so he was wasting his time. Amy and I are both single but he wasn't interested in either of us. Woo-hoo! No matter what we did, Randy would not get out of Patti's personal space. Amy and I did all we could to distract him but to no avail. You would not believe the stories and lies Ames told him and he bought them all. Seriously dude...back off! His friend, Ryan, even tried to get him to back off. Finally he convinced him that in order for him to get another drink he had to leave our table and go back to the bar.

So, gentlemen.....what's to be learned from this experience? First of all...if you are the nice guy in the bunch, we will chat with you and will enjoy it but yes, you will be judged by the company you keep. I know, shallow but whatever, it's a reality. Just ask Ryan. We had a good time chatting with him but given that he was attached to the drunk close talker, we didn't want to continue talking to him. Another thing to learn from this may be that if you are drunk, step away from the strangers! Those ladies over at the table do not want to talk to you. They especially do not want you to be practically on their lap. Randy there is just very lucky that Patti has a good sense of humor and is a good sport. Seriously though...when a woman tells you that she is very happily married, believe her!

Take these lessons with you into the New Year! Live and learn boys. I'm here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment