Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oh Boy.....Life has changed and the changes just keep on coming!!

Hello Singletons! Long time no chat, right? Well, sorry about that but I've been a bit busy over the last year...and I'm not quite so single anymore. Yep, you read that right, Mr. 2g2bt is still around. Not only around but we've been together for 2 years now. I know! Can you believe it? All because Tricia called in a 20 year old favor and made me go to our high school reunion. Yep, we were going to stay an hour and get out of there. Then Mr. 2g2bt walked in and suddenly I saw a reason to stay longer. Thank you again Tricia!!!! Here's a quick update on my life since we last talked: I've changed jobs again. Freakin economy! Mr. 2g2bt and I live together and we have his kids part time. Our place is ridiculously small for all of us and all of our stuff but so far we've made it work and everyone has a good time. Here's the biggest news though...I'm pregnant! Yes, take a moment to digest that one. It's ok, I'll wait. Took me some time to get used to it. Ok, are you back? Yeah, I'm pregnant and due early in January. Oh and we are getting married at some point next year as well. We were going to try to plan a wedding and have it before I looked like a whale but you know what? I really still want to have a big day. You know, the wedding all little girls dream about. Yes, it's silly and the money it will cost could be put towards more practical use but I still didn't want to give that up. So add that to the craziness of getting ready for a baby, I just decided I couldn't do it all at once without my head exploding and we decided to wait. I mean seriously, the secret is out..we've already had sex. Shhhh...don't tell anyone! I've gotta tell you that this whole being pregnant thing is quite a unique experience. It took a while for the concept to sink in. It's strange when you don't look any different and it's not like you are feeling the baby kick as soon as you pee on the stick! All sorts of things started flooding through my mind. Can I be a good parent? How will we afford this? Where will be put the baby when we don't have room for the people and pets that already live here? Will my feet grow leaving my 100+ pairs of shoes useless to me? What if the baby doesn't like me? No, I'm just kidding on that one. Of course the baby will like me, I'm me! Seriously! I was 5 weeks along when I found out and Mr. 2g2bt wanted to wait until I was 12 weeks before we told anyone so I felt like I had this huge secret that I was walking around with. Wait, I did. Well, we finally told everyone and there were tears, cheers, laughing and everything else you can imagine. If the emotions I've been feeling so far are any indication, this is going to be a wild ride. I seem to cry at absolutely everything. Doesn't matter if it's a happy reason, a sad reason, a TV commercial, a thought or a look someone gave me. My favorite was the day I had a total meltdown because I got a new phone and my music didn't transfer. I was hysterical even though logically I knew that all I had to do was plug it into the computer and load it up again. No biggie. The more I realized this, the more I laughed and the more I continued to cry...all at the same time. Then there are the moments that I'm crying and even I don't know why. Oh yeah, this is fun. Fashion has been interesting too. There were several months that my clothes didn't really fit me but maternity clothes were still too big. In my convoluted mind I thought if I just bought jeans a size bigger they would button comfortably and hold me over. I knew how absurd this idea was at the time but I still went ahead with the plan. That was an amusing trip to Kohl's. I'm pretty sure that you should not break a sweat while trying on jeans. I was determined though and bought 2 pairs. I wore them each once. Comfort was not a word that came to mind at the end of the day. However, I still looked good and that's all that mattered. I did the obligatory baby registries (Babies R Us and Target incase any of you want to shop for us) and that was quite an experience. I took a friend with me who is a mother of 2 and pregnant right now with her 3rd. If she suggested it, I zapped it. I mean really, there are so many different brands of everything! Once again my head was about to explode and had the ure to cry. With her help and my mom's help, I made it through and I think got rather carried away with the zapper so my apologies for all of the random things on the list. Then there are the insanly rude comments I get from people. Keep in mind that I've gained less than 10lbs and I'm almost 6 months along. I'm doing ok, it's just all belly. There are the people who tell me that I look like I'm getting thinner everywhere else but my face. I like those people. I'm convinced that my belly is just sucking the weight from other parts of my body. I'm fine with that. However, not a day goes by that someone doesn't tell me how huge I am. Total strangers at that! Once I was asked if I was having twins, a couple of days ago I was asked if I was due next month and I said no. Then her response was "really? Are you sure? As big as you are I can't believe you still have that long to go." I've gotten much better at just smiling. It used to reduce me to tears, then again everything does. Here's a public service announcement....I'm pregnant, not without feelings! Not to mention that I have seen preggos that were huge, had a few in our family as well as friends, and I am not even close to where they were in size so back off people! Maybe I should rename this blog to Stupid Shit People Say to Preggos! So my fellow Singletons, continue on this journey with me. I promise it won't be uneventful. As I'm typing this Mr. 2g2bt is doing his "I Know Something You Don't Know" Dance and singing the song the song by the same name. Apparently he has a surprise for me. I've been told I'll be let in on the secret tomorrow. Normally I invite you to raise your martini glasses with me as we carry on. My martini glass will have a Shirley Temple in it but I'm still there with you in spirit and I expect each of you to have one extra martini for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment